I really hope AG considers it! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
I thought of a Limited Edition idea that I really liked, and I decided I would draw a picture of the girl and write her story to AG! I don't know if they will do anything with it, but it will give them ideas. With the help of my friend Vicky, (vgdag94), we decided that we would make a hippie girl named Hilary. She is an animal lover who volounteers at her local shelter, and helps sick animals. She has a lot of animals at home, (but I don't think that AG would make all of them). She could have outfits like a doctors coat and over-alls that she can play with the animals in. She could have an accessory set like a veterinary practice kit with a stethescope and bandages, fake medicine bottles, etc. There is a special donkey that Hilary is very close to, and his name is Old Louie. The shelter wants to sell him to old farmers who will work him very hard and even beat him! Hilary wants to stop them and she tries to find a way to do that. Hilary has black wavy hair, fair skin, and light blue eyes. I'm going to send a letter about what Hilary is like and a picture of her that I drew to AG. I hope they will like it...well everyone, tell us what you think!
[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
I really hope AG considers it! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
They probably WILL NOT consider it, beacuse they are afraid of lawsuits. If they were to use your idea, you could rightfully sue them...
From
http://www.americangirl.com/legal/html/terms.html
"American Girl likes to hear from you. However, you should know that American Girl does not accept or consider any creative ideas or suggestions related to products or marketing plans unless it has specifically requested them. Therefore, please do not send any creative or original materials such as toys, games, or other products, or any other creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information. "
Also isn't that too much like the AG "Wild at Heart" books? They work at a vet place, and stuff.
Honestly your best bet is to just write the book yourself, because sending it to AG is pretty much a guarentee it will NEVER get made.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 03, 2005 02:52 AM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>
Sounds like a great project, have fun with it!
Have you read the Dear America book (I think) entitled Where have all the Flowers Gone? It's about a teen girl during the early '70s and one part of the story is about her brother who went to fight in Vietnam. There's also a book about the brother and what happened to him in Vietnam. Both are really good books and relative to what is going on today.
Oh...this is a bad idea then. I won't send it in..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it's a really cute story and I am not saying don't go with it, but just don't send it to them. I am writing 2 of my own stories and I think original AG stories are GREAT!Originally posted by felicity_horselover:
Oh...this is a bad idea then. I won't send it in..
It's alot of fun to write your own even if they never get published! I'm writing a whole identity for Ophelia. I even have a "Meet" book with cover I drew and stuff.
I know I would love to read original AG stories written by other people , and I am SURE I am not alone.
I love your ideas! My DD wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up and she made a story about vets by using power point on my computer. I agree that you shouldn't send it to AG but don't let that stop you from writing the story. Make an album out of it and your dolls can be the actors. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 03, 2005 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>
I love it I think it is a wonderful idea elle go for it.
Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Elle,
My DD's and I love your idea! Keep on writing and being as creative as this! Great job! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lea
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
GreyMist, that sounds cool! Post your story once your done with it!
Aunt Cornelia, thank you! I don't see why I shouldn't send it in....except for the fact that I don't want AG getting mad at me for sending it in...I think they should create my girl because she would appeal to a lot of young girls would probably sell very well!
Thanks everyone. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
I'm still not sure of sending it in, though, but I'll let you know what happens.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Bookmarks